• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCan't Login (and problem with support).Source
Machlol.6285
Target Source
#1 -

I cannot log in. I run the launcher and I get an error. Picture is attached to this message. I stopped playing awhile ago and I returned to play. I had to change my password, which I did, but I still can’t log in. I’m also using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (since it is not listed in the drop down menu of support).

I need help. I can’t submit tickets for days now because the website just hangs and never processes whenever I click “submit.” (and I’ve tried different browsers). So the forums is my last resort for getting help from ArenaNet.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

I cannot log in. I run the launcher and I get an error. Picture is attached to this message. I stopped playing awhile ago and I returned to play. I had to change my password, which I did, but I still can’t log in. I’m also using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (since it is not listed in the drop down menu of support).

I need help. I can’t submit tickets for days now because the website just hangs and never processes whenever I click “submit.” (and I’ve tried different browsers). So the forums is my last resort for getting help from ArenaNet.

I will see if an agent can create a ticket for you and contact you, since you cannot submit a ticket to us.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Similar situation for me as well. Check your e-mail to see if anyone requested a change to your login credentials. I was able to get my account restored by submitting a ticket, and can access the character screen, but when attempting to get a character into the game, I get a message that another client is accessing the game with my account.

By the way, I have not logged in for two days now and somehow my mesmer went from level 6 to 42 as of this afternoon. Like me, your account has likely been hacked. Under the account management/security option, I show another IP address as logged into my account for 36 hours now, yet I am not able to disconnect them.

I have changed the password as well as set up and verified e-mail authentication, yet the hacker is still in my account. I have submitted a ticket, yet no help from ANet on this specific issue.

I’ve seen several of these pop up in the last two days. I remember Rift players experiencing a similar problem where Trion insisted it was a local problem only to later find out they had a serious flaw in their authentication process.

I want to make sure I understand: Support returned access to your account, but you’re (1) not able to access the account and (2) when you attempt to log-in, you do not automatically disconnect the other person playing?

That sounds as if your email has been hacked and the hacker is reading it and getting access to the new password. I suggest you update your ticket through the interface on the Web, and that you create a new email account to discuss this with Support. I could be wrong, but this seems very much like an email compromise to me.

Best of luck!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

I’m glad you have a ticket going. If there is ANY chance that your email has been breached, update your ticket to tell Support to contact you on the new address. They will be able to verify it’s you because you have access to the first account and can provide other details. If you keep the second email absolutely secure, then you can discuss password resets, etc., without worries that someone evil is reading those mails.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Excellent, thanks for letting us know!