I get this error when using the GW2Setup.exe. It downloads up to 10,000kb and crashes. I included the Crash report. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi iceatope – I’m curious if you have Gw2.exe in your temp folder by accident. The easiest way to resolve this issue is to pull it out of the temp drive and onto the C drive by following the below steps:
1. Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and hit the R key.
2. Paste in the following line and then click OK.
2. Find Gw2.exe and right-click on the file and select Cut
3. Go to your C drive and into the Games folder. If there is no Games folder, create one.
4. In the Games folder, create the folder Guild Wars 2 and go into it.
5. In the Guild Wars 2 folder, right-click and select Paste.
6. Run Gw2.exe from the Guild Wars 2 folder.
The game should launch and immediately start patching. Two additional files should be created: Gw2.dat and Gw2.tmp