• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGuild Wars 2 Won't Start, Screen flickersSource
Jixer.2437
Target Source
#1 -

So, a few minutes ago i tried to start guild wars 2 and it downloaded the latest patch, and, when i had logged into the launcher and pressed play, my screen turned black, then it flickered like 6-10 times and then guild wars 2 shut down…… this is super annoying cuz i wanna play and yeah, can anyone PLEASE help me with this problem?? I upgraded to windows 8 for like two weeks ago, might it be that??

Thanks in advance!

//Jixer

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Hi Jixer – I would recommend navigating to Documents\Guild Wars 2 and deleting the local.dat file. Once you’ve done this, try a repair of the Guild Wars 2 client:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

5. Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end.

Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”

6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” to start the repair process.

Once completed, please try starting Guild Wars 2 again.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

Hi rho is war – Unfortunately there isn’t really an “official” fix as various resolutions have come about in regards to this issue, however, the location of your local.dat file is by default Documents\Guild Wars 2. So wherever your “My Documents” folder is located, you should see a Guild Wars 2 folder within it, and there should be the local.dat file.