• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagTransform skills - health bug 3/12/12.Source
MajorMelchett.6042
Target Source
#1 -

There is a serious bug with the elemental “ride the lightning” skill (and it seems any transform skills).
—-
When used they wipe out all traits you have and all trait points spent, this means if you have 30 points in water (if an elemental) then using a transform skill (RTL, Mist form etc) it will take away 3000 health from you (same thing for any other traits aswell). Because of this you can possibly kill yourself when you are at low health and use a transform skill, also it gives enemys an easier chance to kill you because you instantly loose up to 3000 health and any other traits.

I’ve posted this here as i assume this must be a bug and this is the game bugs section.
—-
Edit.
This seems to be even worse as it seems to be any and all transform skills, as such i’ve edit the title and thread – it was originally just about RTL.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#14 -

Thank you all for the reports. Our developers are aware of this issue and investigating.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#24 -

We’re working on it. It was an intended change to certain types of transforms (for things like activities, etc) so you can’t have any active traits while the transform is active. There was a bug where trait line buffs (stat boosts) were still active, while minor and major traits were disabled.

A few transforms like Moa, and Ride The Lightning were unintentionally and negatively affected by this change.

We’ll have this fixed soon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#39 -

We’ll have this fixed in an upcoming build in the next day or so. We’ve reverted the change back to not remove Trait line stat boosts. Traits themselves will still remain inactive with these types of transformations (as they always have), but that will be completely fixed in the Wintersday build so we can do proper balance testing on that change.

-Bill, Bringer of answers