• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAfter My 1st Crash I Can No Longer StartSource
Havana.8625
Target Source
#1 -

I’ve never experienced a crash before in GW2, but tonight the following happened:

I was in Fractals when I got the message about the new patch. After completing the last fractal, killing Maw, and getting the chest I got kicked from the game when I chose to exit into LA. I then clicked to restart and got the message:

F:\GW2\Gw2.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Clicking OK on that little popupscreen gives me:

Can’t open this item. It might have been moved renamed, or deleted. Do you want to remove this item?

Of course I’m figuring this is a shortcut issue. So I go to the folder where the game is located to find no executable files at all. The files there are:

Crash.dmp
Guild Ware 2 Repair
Gw2.000
Gw2.001
Gw2.dat
Gw2
Gw2.tmp

With no executable, I have no idea what to do. I’m trying to download a second copy of the game into a different folder but don’t know if that will work or if the computer can have two copies of the game on it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Hello Havana – The Gw2 file is the executable for Guild Wars 2. The file extensions simply are not showing for it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Hi Havana – Just to be safe I would backup your GW2.dat file from your original client, although it does sound like the registry was overwritten and so I would not recommend uninstalling Guild Wars 2 through the Control Panel.