since last night i´ve been unable to play. every time i log in the game this error appears.
Need a little help here. i really want to play! XD
Hey guys – Error 7 can often pop up for a number of reasons. Unfortunately there isn’t a set “fix” that will resolve it every time and so usually there is a bit of troubleshooting involved. For any of you experiencing this issue, specifically when you are trying to log in, I’d like to have you guys try two things: Winsock reset followed by a DNS flush.
Let’s start with the Winsock reset. To do this, please follow the steps below:
1. Click the “Start” button to bring up the Start Menu.
2. Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”
3. Right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”
4. Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. You don’t need to do anything with this – this is more of a confirmation that these steps were done correctly.
5. Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.
Next, please try clearing your DNS cache. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the “Run” dialogue box.
2. In that box, type “cmd” without the quotes, and click the “OK” button. A DOS window should open.
3. Enter the following command below and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns
This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.
Hi guys – I can certainly understand your frustration but as this is Technical Support we need to be able to eliminate any possible variables that could be causing this issue. As there are no known issues with the servers at this time, we first need to look at any possible system or connection related issues and gather diagnostic information. With this particular type of issue, I would prefer players to send in a support ticket to our Technical Support team so that we can gather as much information as possible. If there does appear to be an issue on our end, we can then forward this information to our Network Engineers for further investigation.
As this particular error message can be caused from a number of different things, simply going off of players reporting this error without any diagnostic information is not enough for a thorough investigation. I can definitely see that a number of players are experiencing this problem, but if it were a more widespread issue the forums would be blowing up with reports of this error and the cause would be more apparent.
Again, I would highly recommend contacting the NCSOFT Technical Support department for further assistance as this will allow us to much more quickly assist you one on one, and assist us with looking into this issue a little more closely.
When you contact Technical Support you will probably be asked for a few diagnostic reports: Game Advisor report (NCSOFT in house tool, basically a glorified DxDiag), Network Diagnostic report (ports and traceroutes are shown more accurately here than in the Game Advisor report), and a PingPlotter report (third-party application that cannot be attached in the forums but illustrates latency, packetloss, and ping very nicely).
These reports will show us not only any issues on your end with your connection (if existent) but on our end as well.
EDIT: To clarify, we do NOT want players paying for PingPlotter. There is the “Standard” version that is free that we ask players to run.
For anyone still experiencing this error message – please submit a Technical Support ticket. The best way for us to gather data and troubleshoot this issue would be one on one.
Please refer to the sticky thread below for information on how to contact support: