• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagA Light In The Darkness/Forging the Pact bugSource
trickfred.4097
Target Source
#1 -

(I did try to search and see if this was already posted, but I did not see it.)

I completed A Light in the Darkness alone several days ago, and chose the ‘suffer’ fear at the end of the mission. I am certain of this, as I am on my third level 80 character, and I chose the other two fears on the other two characters, and wanted to see the third one I had not yet chosen.

Just now I completed Forging The Pact with another player (who chose ‘letting an innocent die’ as their fear in the above mentioned mission), and as there were no choices to make in that mission specifically, I felt safe in taking the reward. But now, my next story mission is ‘Tower Down’, and not ‘Striking Off the Chains’, as it should be.

Is there a way to fix this, or is my personal story now tainted by playing with another player and taking the reward from a mission that had no bearing on this choice?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Story-Skipped-or-Changed-merged/26646

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

There are a couple of unrelated bugs, the skipped content/reversion is specific to an issue that occured the first week or so after ship. There is currently no fix planned for the issue you ran into, since it’s a fairly complex problem with no easy fix. Unfortunately, at this point, the only real option is continuing your story as it is now (with the mis-step.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Umm… could you make a sticky with all the bugs we might run into that are “not planned to be fixed because it’s not easy”? Would probably be interesting for everybody to avoid those instead of learning the hard way.

That’s exactly what I linked to. There are a still a couple of story steps that can cause problems in co-op, because (by default) if you accept the story progress, it will throw you onto the story owner’s track. (So it will set you on the owner’s fear storyline, even if you chose another fear earlier.)