I. Intoduction and Information
III. Weapon Skills
IV. Utility Skills
VI. Bugs To Be Tested/Added
I. Introduction and Information
This thread is specifically about Engineer bugs. Any class suggestions should be taken elsewhere. Please only discuss bugs in this thread. I also strongly recommend discussing bugs on the wiki. Using the wikitteneps the discussion easy to follow. I will keep this forum list updated with the same information on the wiki page.
My goal is to keep the list as accurate as possible and I have gathered bugs from every source I could find. If you cannot reproduce a bug, we can discuss it but I will not add it unless it is something that can be demonstrated consistently.
If you have discovered a new bug and wish to have it added to the list: post in this thread, send me a PM, or discuss it on the wiki.
Note that some of the “bugs” listed here may not be actual bugs. I obviously did not design the game and cannot know the intention of the developers. Until there is clarification, I will continue to list inconsistencies with designs as bugs.
- If you jump and swap to or from a kit with Sigil of Hydromancy or Geomancy, the cooldown of the Sigil will get used and you will gain no benefit from the Sigil. All other weapon swap Sigils function properly when jumping.
- Equipping a Weapon Kit in sPvP will cause your character sheet to display PvE/WvW weapons instead of the sPvP weapons.
- Certain skills such as grenade go through destructible object such as the keep wall in WvW.
- Turrets will target already destroyed objects (carts, weapons racks, cannons, doors, walls, etc)
- All movement skills with a specific distance (Overcharged Shot, Rocket Boots, Acid Bomb) have a reduced effect when chilled.
- Kits can be equipped in town clothes. Equipping the kit switches you out of town clothes after a few seconds.
- Swapping to a kit while gathering causes the item you’re gathering to become ruined regardless of the gathering tool you use.
- While operating any siege weaponry, if you change a kit on your utility bar, you will be locked into the siege weapon. No utilities will work and the only way to disengage from the siege weapon is to be knocked back/pushed by an enemy or by using Overcharged Shot.
III. Weapon Skills
- will occasionally go on recharge without doing anything. This seems to happen when your target moves behind you and you’re immobilized or when your target’s elevation is different than yours (up a steep hill in Forest of Nifhel). This can also happen when the target moves out of range/reach of the attack.
- will occasionally appear to land away from the ground you targeted. When this happens, your character will teleport to where you were supposed to land (the spot you actually targeted) after 2-3 seconds. However, if the Jump Shot has you fall off an edge, it will NOT teleport you back to the correct location and you will take falling damage.
- says it will explode and apply Bleeding to all nearby foes. It only applies Bleeding to the first target it hits.
- does not function with any traits that alter Explosives (Shrapnel, Explosive Powder, Steel-packed Powder). This is likely intended but the verbiage used in the description of Explosive Shot is very misleading.
- and will often miss destructible objects. Blowtorch will frequently miss targets that are in front of you if you are strafing even though the flame graphic strikes your target.
IV. Utility Skills
- cannot be stowed in PvE/WvW. Pressing the heal key simply reloads the kit. It works fine in sPvP.
- Healing Turret’s says it will remove all conditions on use but it only removes 2 conditions. This is a description error. Additionally, Cleansing Burst will occasionally fail to remove any conditions even when you it has definitely activated (visual cue). This only happens in PvE/WvW.