• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagWill an account be deleted after inactivity?Source
Sobolonut.1852
Target Source
#1 -

I’m military and currently deployed. I won’t be able to play on my character for over 6 months. Does ArenaNet delete characters after a certain length of inactivity? If so, is there any way to flag my account so it does not?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

We will keep your account safe and ready for you to rejoin us in Tyria once you return.

All the best during your deployment and sincere thanks for your service!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

I think they have deleted my old GW1 account. It will not allow me to link it to GW2 or log on to my old account at Ncsoft. It has been inactive for more than a year, but they should not have deleted it after I have paid for it.
I know my details are correct, so ncsoft owe me a game.

Except that they haven’t deleted GW1 accounts due to inactivity ever to my knowledge – there are members in my GW1 guild who haven’t logged in for 2+ years and there accounts are still there.
Either you are using the wrong username/email/password or your account was deleted or banned because it got hacked…

You are correct. My apologies. It was a error on my part. I have now regained my account, but find something is wrong with the linking system. It keeps throwing up a script error.

We’ll help you with that linking problem. Just contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.