• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagMisbanned accounts & Lost Shores rewards?Source
Meix.3710
Target Source
#1 -

Hi,

I’m sorry if I am not supposed to talk about this on the forum, but I really do not know where else to ask this question. I don’t want to clog up support with this, and I felt this forum would be the most appropriate because it was due to errors in “account issues” that many of us were denied the opportunity to participate in the Lost Shores event.

Just today, many people were given the reward for the Lost Shores event so long as they were logged in at some point during the event. However, some of these people willingly quit the event partway through – I know it is difficult to distinguish between those who chose not to participate and those who were not able to participate due to disconnects, etc. and I am very happy that ANet has sought to reward those who tried, even if it meant erring on the side of caution – i.e. rewarding everyone, whether or not they stayed for the entire event.

However, individuals who were force not to participate in the weekend event because of errors in account blocking/banning/etc. are forced to sit out… I know that nothing is fair, but is there any plan to remedy this discrepancy? I just feel that those of us forced to sit out during the event (even though we did nothing wrong) not only missed the chance to participate, but also missed out on the loot that even those who willfully chose NOT to participate were rewarded with.

Please let us know if there are plans to compensate us, as well. I know that we are probably the minority compared to those who lost out on event rewards because of disconnects, etc. but we’re still your players, and we had to endure much worse and miss out on much more! If not, it’s not a big deal, but I had to ask, because it was a bit disheartening to hear that so many people got rewards whether or not they worked for it, while I couldn’t even log in during that weekend because I was mistakenly banned..

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

You ask an interesting question. There are people who through no fault of their own were unable to attend the event. I don’t mean they were at a three-day rave or were out of town at their Aunt Tilly’s house. I mean their account was blocked in error and that prevented their attendance at the Lost Shores event.

If that is the case, contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. Give the details of your situation and the ticket number related to your account suspension. The team will give this a look and see if there is anything we can do about your personal situation.

Please note — if you rightfully were blocked for fraud, it would not really be appropriate to contact Support to ask for help with the chests.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Thank you very, very much for your response, Gaile! I’ll go do that, I just did not want to trouble you guys if nothing could be done.

Hey there, Meix. I wanted to make sure you knew that we’re going to need to ask for your patience on this, and it’ll be a few more days before you get a response to the ticket. These individual issues will be handled as soon as possible, but with last night’s distribution and now the weekend we’re going to start reviewing on Monday.

Thanks for understanding.