• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagLost Shores event disconnect solution? [merged threads]Source
Masterpyro.4310
Target Source
#1 -

So immediately after the Lost Shores event, ANet posted:

“We have a team looking into disconnection problems that prevented some people from receiving their event rewards.
We will implement a solution so that people who participated will get their rewards, but this takes work on our end, so it will not happen today.”

Has this happened yet? Cause I didn’t get mine. Did they notice people talking about it less so they just dropped it? I still want the same chance everyone else got to loot a precursor for sitting through that lagfest for 3 hours.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

This has not been forgotten. The solution is coming down the pipeline and should be live this week.

Thanks for being patient.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#59 -

As we mentioned last week, for those players who were not able to get the rewards for the final Lost Shores event because they were suffering connection issues, we will provide rewards for their participation in the event. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this.

We will hand out the rewards via In-game mail today – Quick FYI… it might take several hours to run the script, so do not panic if you do not immediately receive it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#130 -

Is the mail only appear to the character we used for the event? I rather play my alt while waiting.

Between my GF and I, we did the event 8 times. During half way into the Ancient Karka fights, the game either crashed, stuck on the loading screen when reviving at the waypoint, or because of the new build, removing the event so we weren’t able to finish it. We spent the whole day on that event.

The mail is sent to your account, so no matter what character you are playing on when it comes it, you will get the mail. Additionally, the chest in the mail is account bound, so you are free to put the chest in your bank and move it over to whichever character you wish to open the chest with.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#190 -

Hey everybody, as these are coming through your game mail, make sure your mailbox isn’t full. It’s actually good practice anyway to empty your mailbox if you don’t have unclaimed loot in there.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#479 -

Hey everybody, sorry about the delay in getting this info to you. But here is the situation as it currently stands.

Yes, we had an issue with the Karka chest distribution. The issue is currently being researched. The situation will be addressed in the future. We do not currently have a time-frame for how soon we will be able to fix this for everybody.

At this time, you do not need to send a ticket to support to get a chest. We will post updates as more information becomes available.

Again, sorry for the delay on this message, and thank you for your patience.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#483 -

Wanted to let you know we’re aware that some players who would have gotten the Karka Chest in-game mail did not receive it. The team is working on this!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#489 -

What I’m curious about is the coding used to decide who qualifies to receive a chest. It seems that some people who got multiple chests during the event are getting another and so are people who weren’t logged in at all. Seemingly this would mean that everyone will get another chest. Is this the case? I won’t complain either way but it would be nice to know what the situation is. This code doesn’t seems to only be awarding player who participated yet got disconnected.

It is not the case that people who received a chest through looting, and a second chest through the mailed distribution, will receive a third chest with a subsequent distribution. Might happen for a few, I won’t speak in absolutes. But for the most part, the next distribution will address those who did not get a chest.

Let’s see how it sorts out, knowing that players who have continued issues — if any — can contact Support for assistance.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#528 -

…still nothing. This was round 2. Will there be a round 3 distribution?

We will take care of individual issues via tickets. I’ve posted a huge thread over here. Basically, wait a few more hours and if you still don’t have a chest, and you earned one, go ahead and contact Support.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#529 -

As everyone can see in this thread, the second distribution was made in the wee hours of the morning and many who were missing chests got them today. And yes, a few folks who earned a chest may not have gotten one yet, but we’ll take care of that. More info here (and my apologies for such a long post there).