• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagWhen do I get Ascended rings?Source
Kain Francois.4328
Target Source
#1 -

When do I get Ascended rings? I’ve grinded Fractals level 10 for about 6 days now with no success of a ring, let alone the ones I wanted (Crystalline or Red Ring)

I’m just curious about the statistics here. Someone else got 6 rings within his 10 runs: [ Ouroboros Loop] [Rurik’s Royal Signet Ring] [Royal Signet of Doric] [Crystalline Band] [Red Ring of Death]

Whereas I had 0 after each time I beat the Jaw Maw. I just got tokens and some gold. I’m wondering what I did wrong, if I did anything wrong? Is it bugged? What is the success rate of others?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

If it is any consolation I am on scale 22 and have accrued over1600 fractal tokens and not yet gotten a ring either. It is RNG with the Jade Maw.

We are exploring alternatives to the current system.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#50 -

They’re committed to change…

Change is good! We have some interesting changes coming to FoTM involving the ascended rings we hope will resolve the problem at its core. Expect it soon!

As for my means of playing the game… I actually don’t play with other Anet people. I play with my small casual guild of old friends, but more often than not I am PUGing it since I am a bit more hardcore than my buddies. I don’t typically represent Anet when I do it so I can play the Meta with random people and find out all the neat little tricks that the community comes up with to solve difficult problems.
I experience dungeons and such from the PoV of the average player. As a designer it’s important to experience things like everyone else does, so you can make better informed decisions when moving forward.