• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagOffensive infusion slots are uselessSource
Aegael.6938
Target Source
#1 -

Compare the two rings Solaria and Lunaria. They’re the exact same stats. The only difference is that Lunaria has a defensive infusion slot and Solaria has an offensive slot.

The merchant does not sell offensive slot infusions, only defensive and omni infusions. Omni infusions cost 225 tokens while defensive infusions cost 75 tokens while offering the exact same agony resistance.

This means that someone who gets an Offensive infusion slot who just wants some agony resistance from the merchant will have to pay triple the price.

Mystic forge recipes are completely broken for both offensive and defensive slots. 20+ gold for +5 to a given stat is completely insane.

Please, if you’re going to make such crappy recipes for infusions, at least implement an offensive infusion that’s the same token price as the defensive infusion.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Offensive_infusions

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

probably should have quoted Aldred in my post in which he was saying there weren’t any offensive fusions. I was simply directing him to a place where he can learn about them.
Wasn’t intended to answer the question of why there isn’t a cost clone of the defensive one.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#35 -

The main reason I can’t answer the question is because I personally didn’t build the merchant, and it’s the weekend so I’m not in contact with the person who did.

I’ll try to get that info on Monday though, and post here when I know the answer

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#48 -

Hey folks!

Here’s the update. I talked with folks about the discrepancy between the defensive Simple Infusion and Versatile Simple Infusion cost differences and application, and we all came to the conclusion that a more fair vendor solution is the following:
-Remove the Simple Infusion for defensive slots from the vendor (currently costs 75 tokens)
-Lower the cost of the Versatile Simple Infusion to 75 tokens (from 225).

Since the versatile can fill both the defensive/offensive slots, we found this to be the least confusing resolution to the problem. There won’t be any refunds (to my knowledge) to the people who bought the Versatile Simple Infusion for 225 tokens.