• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBattle of Claw Island bugged???Source
Ulfgaard.1765
Target Source
#1 -

I have done the Battle of Claw Island on 3 characters without issue. But today (12/7/12) I have tried 5 times and every time I get sent back to the character select screen because apparently I lost connection to the client server??

I have no problems in any other part of the game at all. Just this one story quest has suddenly become uncompletable (sp?) for some reason or other …

Has anyone else had issues trying to complete Battle for Claw Island???

I tried various graphics settings from lowest to highest, changing my resolution …

No effect. It crashes at various points in the story. The furthest I have been able to advance is the part to light the beacons.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

Any crash logs are sent off to the server/programming team, so hopefully it’s something they can address soon. I’ve run through this story step multiple times myself in the past couple of days with no crashes/disconnects, so there doesn’t appear to be anything I can do on the content end, sorry!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#24 -

The original post is about crashing, the trebs are another matter. If you have “Fast cast ground targeting” turned on in options, it will try to fire the trabuchet at your mouse cursor, which you might have in a bad spot. Also, many siege weapons require you to hold down the fire button to “charge” the shot, or it might try to fire too close.