• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagItems Stolen from AccountSource
mrauls.6519
Target Source
#1 -

Hello community,

I tried logging into my account earlier today around 12 p.m. and I noticed my password didn’t work. I typed it in manually and it still didn’t work. I hadn’t changed my password recently and I had played within a 48 hour time span. I filed a ticket and Arenanet sent me a new password for me to log-in with, and since then I’ve reset my password to something completely new.

I logged into my main character, and I found my inventory wiped. My Tier 3 was gone, my weapons, and anything else with a price value. They left me with my armor and weapons I had on, and gem-store items. I’m assuming whoever did this left me with what I had so I could farm for everything again, and they could come rob me once again. The game experience has been great, but I’m not going to start playing again just yet.

I’ve heard of authenticators, so I’ll look into buying one of those. This is the second time I’ve been hacked in a game. It’s not a great feeling. I’m not going crazy over it, but losing items worth so much gold is really a devastating blow to me. Going to take a leave of absence for now. Hopefully something ArenaNet does will draw me back in. Good luck to everyone still playing. Take it from me, change your passwords regularly ^__^

-Mes

P.S: Speak of the devil! ANet just announced the release of account restoration

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

I really encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.