• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagServer Transfer Concerns [merged]Source
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1 -

Creating a merged thread so folks with concerns about their inability to change servers can post and we can get an view of the situation in a single thread.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

I’m afraid there isn’t a perfect answer. As players have suggested, trying during different times may be effective. Asking your other friends to move to a less-populated server would be good, although I appreciate that’s not necessarily convenient.

Situations like this generally sort out in a day or two, so I imagine you’ll find you’re able to get together soon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

I don’t mean to dismiss your concerns, but couldn’t the same be said about a lot of things? “My friends and I wanted to go to the 6:30 showing of a popular film but it was sold out.” “We tried to book dinner reservations on Saturday, but they can’t fit us in until next week.” “The first available appointment for your doctor is next Thursday.” “The flight was booked solid.” Maybe the most apt analogy is, “I went Christmas shopping and it took me 30 minutes to find a parking space.”

I have seen the same server/world situation since Asheron’s Call (which was a long, long time ago). Servers have capacities and there’s no way (that I can think of) to get around that — it’s a hardware situation that must be accommodated, much as a telephone system has a specific limitation on the number of calls that it can handle.

Please note that GW2 world capacities are adjusted from time to time; in fact that happened quite recently. More importantly, world population changes take place daily when individual players move to a different world, when guilds switch worlds, etc.. And I don’t know of anyone who has this problem for more than a few days.

I do sympathize with those who have to wait a day or two to get the whole gang together and I hope that each of you will soon be good to go.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#35 -

I understand your thoughts about a “transfer queue” system. I mentioned it to a co-worker, because I think the idea has merit. We came up with some questions about the process, basically, “How would that work?”

What if you were in the middle of a dungeon and got the message? Would queueing cause people to abandon parties? What if you were offline, would such a queue simply move you without your consent? (We don’t even do that from overflow to normal worlds right now — you must indicate you do wish to move.) If you declined to move because you were in the middle of playing, what happens — do you drop to the bottom of the queue or do you get asked again and again until you accept?

Basically, this sounds good in theory, but there seem to be a lot of questions about how it would work in a functional sense. I will see if I can ping a developer about this, but you’d do well to post this in the Suggestions Forum, because that is reviewed daily and it would catch the eye of devs over there.

The bottom line is that your home world situation isn’t really an account issue. It’s related to your account, yes, but this forum is built more to address access issues and questions about things like suspensions, policies that result in timeouts, etc. So with all due respect I’m going to lock this thread and encourage you to post in the GW2 Suggestions and/or Discussion forum.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#36 -

I strongly encourage you to *not share your account credentials with anyone.

If you want to be on a common world and cannot wait the relatively short time that it takes for a space to become available, ask your friends to join you on a less-populated world. (The average wait time is a few hours; those who wait many days are in a tiny minority.)

Be aware that giving your credentials to someone else puts you in breach of the User Agreement and puts you at substantial risk of account theft or of having your account found to be in “ownership dispute” so that it must be permanently terminated.