• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAuthorized Network Question: 66.162.136.255Source
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1 -

A few players noted a new authorized network — somewhere in the range of 66.162.136.255 — on their authorized network list.

Don’t worry. Please read below for more information.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

I really encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

We are looking into this, and thanks for the report!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Update: This whole situation was a glitch in our system, and there was no account intrusion whatsoever. No one has accessed your account from that IP address.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#14 -

Update: This whole situation was a glitch in our system, and there was no account intrusion whatsoever. No one has accessed your account from that IP address.

That’s good to know. Will this entry get removed from our authorized network list then?

Yes. We are removing that IP, clearing up the list, and you can be assured there is no way that anyone will access your account.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

Please read above. There is nothing to worry about with this! While we will amend the list, no one can access your account, and this particular IP range is fine. (Don’t take that as any range is fine, but this — WA , US ( 66.162.136.20 ) 66.162.136.0 – 66.162.136.255 — is… us!)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#28 -

What if the authorized network is not of that range but has still appeared out of the blue?

Sorry about a bit of an off-topic question, but is it possible that is a glitch as well?

Also, will there ever be an option to just delete an authorized network from our list on our own?

No, I’m writing only about the one range. Anything outside the range is not a glitch, but does indicate you need to look into a possible security breach attempt. (Sorry I couldn’t put your mind more at ease!)