• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAppearance of an authorized networkSource
Arlana.5423
Target Source
#1 -

Hi everyone.

After reading this thread I checked my account management page out of curiosity and I found an authorized network I did not authorize.

I have a dynamic IP, so I would never authorize any network knowing it changes on a regular basis. Also, I have checked my account and it doesn’t seem to have been hacked in any way – my email authentication is still working, no missing items, gold or anything like that. I have changed my password just in case, but I don’t think there has been any intrusion of any kind.

Also, before anyone asks, no, it’s not possible for me to have checked the “remember the network” option by mistake. I’m very careful about that since there is no way for players themselves to delete the network once it has been authorized.

Is it possible that the glitch in the system mentioned in the thread I linked has been greater than it is thought and randomly authorized networks for people? Does anyone have a similar problem with a network being authorized out of the blue without any sings of hacking?

I will be sending a ticket to the support to remove the network from my list, though this post fills me with fear that I will get a similar answer.

I’m not sure what else to do but to suggest giving players a way to remove authorized networks from our lists and to investigate the issue with the system further. This might be the way people have their accounts compromised after all. Again, I’d like to stress that I did not authorize any networks, neither on purpose or by mistake and my account does not seem to have been hacked in any way.

Thank you for your time

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

To be clear, the glitch did not authorize random networks but only the one mentioned in the thread. Other network authorizations are another issue and should be pursued with Support.