• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flag"Lifetime Survivor" achievement bug ?Source
dognosh.6327
Target Source
#1 -

Got to Tier 2(500,000 XP without dying) and watched the achievement XP count go up, then at around 430,000 XP I got a phone call and died , lol, silly

Well I then decided to be safe and rack up the 500,000 needed , like a kitten, this time the count stayed at 430,000 ish and never reset or moved. I managed at least 3 full level 80 levelling(254,000 each) .

So, is this a bug ? as I managed over 3/4 of a million XP without dying ,and never got the achievement ?

ty

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Did you change maps at any point? That will reset your progress. (So players can’t abuse it by switching to another map when they’re about to die.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

In theory you could sit on a story step entrance for a quick teleport. They tend to be in safe areas, but close enough to enemies a determined player could abuse them. There might be other cases I can’t think of right now.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Yes, one sitting. (Again, to keep players from trying to cheat by disconnecting right before death.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#44 -

So ArenaNet devoted programming and resources to ensure that a “determined” potentially abusive player could not receive this achievement and in doing so inconvenienced thousands of players who just want to play the game?

Just the opposite, really. I didn’t implement this particular achievement, so I can’t really go into detail on the the specifics, or speculate on future plans, but the current system is a simple brute force solution to keep people from trying to cheat death by zoning/disconnecting/etc.