• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flaghow does chill affect skill recharge exactly?Source
typingofthedead.5614
Target Source
#1 -

is it that any skill used while chilled gets a full 66% recharge? or what i assume that recharging skills recharge at that rate during the chilled time only. and if that is the case, does it affect skills already on cd when the chill occurs?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

I believe it only affects the recharge rate. Meaning your cooldown doesn’t increase, a second just becomes 1.66 seconds.
So waiting for a 3 second cooldown with a 3 second chill on, will take you 1.66×3 seconds.
I might be wrong though.

I believe this is correct, but don’t quote me (I’d have to go check the maths). On a 3 second cooldown started at the exact same time as a 3 second chill, the the chill would end and leave the skill with 2 seconds left. The first 3 seconds to pass are recharging at 33% the rate, so only 1 second worth of time is cooled down, leaving 2 left after the chill is gone. Effectively turning the 3 second cd skill into a 5 second cd skill. However, you can’t always say that chill will add 1.66 * duration as cooldown to a skill because the skill may already be very close to finishing its cd. If this still isn’t clear or questionable, I can find some time to go dig into the code some more.