• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCitadel of Flame Path 3...Seems UnfairSource
azureai.9764
Target Source
#1 -

Some friends and I went through the story and all the paths for Citadel of Flame this weekend. I’ve got to say I found this to be a really fun dungeon (and I love me some Rytlock), but path 3 seems unfair. I’d heard no one really does it, and now I can certainly atest to why.

I like the idea of path 3, being all sneaky, but if you get spotted and have to light the torches…most groups are kittened. The level of coordination required to get the mobs killed at the same time (because of the ungodly spawn rate) and then get the torches lit in the window is neigh-impossible using the in-game tools such as the chat window. Players have to rely on voice chat from outside the game, which is, IMHO, unfair to the players. And at least I was playing with friends! Imagine if you tried the path with people you’d just met.

I’m all for different paths featuring different challenges and types of gameplay, but I honestly believe CoF P3 requires some tweaking. At the very least the anecdotes that “Nobody ever plays it” should have the developers giving it an evil eye.

What do other folks think?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Path 3 torch event is pretty rough, even for our QA and people know how to do it. I have plans to soften it’s edges a bit (read: nerf), because I honestly can’t get a group to run the darn thing. It can often take long enough to do the first event that you could have done a whole other path if you are in a PuG.
My current plan is to drop it down to 3 torches, so two players who choose tanky/support roles won’t be so punished by the content, and then adjusting the way the spawns behave to provide more of a challenge. (Plans subject to change based on testing feedback)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Every time I hear about Spy Kits and Portal Guns, I cringe.