• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBlack Lion Chests Broken?Source
Darkmind.7516
Target Source
#1 -

So I opened some black lion chests…

Instead of getting three items, some of them are giving two items?

Last one opened:
1 copper
3x Mystery Tonics
1 black lion key

Whats up with that?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

Hey folks,

we are aware of an issue that sometimes people only get 2 items and we are working on a fix. We will compensate the people affected, but it might take us a couple of days to check the database and compile the list of people affected.

Keep an eye open on the forums for updates.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#40 -

Opened a chest in the mail
((opened 4 chests originally only got one back))
Got 2 items
1) 10 Black Lion Harvesting Sickle
2) Glory Booster

bleh

I bet you got two items in a single stack. That’s how the fix was developed, and it was really carefully coded, so I believe you are ok. It may have looked different — not three panels taken, but two, but one of the two had two items instead of one.

Wow, I just made my head spin. But I hope that explains it for you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#41 -

opened about 100 chests yesterday, so ill be glad if you guys could check my log as well

The issue was fixed on Monday, so you’re ok.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#42 -

Im here because not only i got the bug when i opened 200+ chests but i also didnt get any perma item…..

Posting here just for the record. Opened 130 chest on the first day. Got trash. i think the worst is the bags of coins. Whose idea is that? Why would ANYONE want to see 5 silver in a black lion chest?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/bltc/Black-Lion-Chests-Broken/1027061

Thank you. Been opening 3 chests a day for wintersday and had been noticing fairly poor drops but didn’t really observe anything in particular. Was initially wondering how you were planning on reimbursing however it looks like you mentioned it already.

Was REALLY hoping for a self-style kit.

Just to be clear: This isn’t about what you got, but how many. The randomness of the drops isn’t a factor, what happened was that some people only got two items instead of three. And that is what is addressed in today’s distribution.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#43 -

ok so i just purchased 50 keys and im still getting a lot of chests with 2 items, and some chests with 2 items and a few copper… hopefully its fixed and i get some more chests sent my way…

The chests are giving three items, as far as all of us know (and have established in testing). The “two items and some coppers” is actually three items, because the coppers count as the third item set.