• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagNon-instanced Version of the Salma DistrictSource
Ridrith.8351
Target Source
#1 -

There’s a few ways to jump into a non-instanced version of the Salma District, a lot of people do that on my server in order to RP back there. Is this safe? As far as I know there’s nothing back there but a lot of cool, empty buildings, nothing to buy, nothing to sell to, no exploits. Is it okay with A-net if we go back there to play around or will that get us banned?

Somebody get back to me please. I’d like to know!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

From what I understand, you should be able to invite your party members into your home instance (i.e. up to 4 players). If you’ve found a way to get more than that many people into your home instance, please let us know how!

Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

I think you’re misunderstanding. He’s not getting more people than allowed into his home instance.

A version of the Salma District physically exists on the Divinity’s Reach map, but entry into that area is normally (and intentionally) blocked by physical barriers. However, with some creative jumping it’s possible to enter that section of the map.

The question is whether or not players will get in trouble for accessing sections of the map that are normally blocked off by the map’s design. This question can apply to any map, really.

I suspect the answer is “no”, but with the caveat that we’re expected to report “flaws” in the map like this one so they can eventually be fixed.

You’re absolutely right; I did misunderstand. Thanks for catching that!

In this case, yes – it sounds like this is a map out bug, and any screenshots or videos detailing how to reach it would be appreciated!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Thanks for the video; it really helps for tracking down bugs like these!

Since this bug has been reported and other posts are not related to the bug, this thread will now be closed. If you want to discuss this topic further, please do so in either the General Discussion forum or the Suggestions forum if you have thoughts you want to share on home instances.