• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAccount Hacked.Source
Titan Rhea.1398
Target Source
#1 -

I’m actually writing this post on behalf of my Partner, who is having difficulty getting onto the forum at the moment. He had his account hacked today, the second time in about a month. After the last time he changed all his passwords, security questions for his e-mail, but when he checked his email account this evening, all his e-mails regarding gw2 had been deleted. He managed to recover them to get his cd key to get back into the game. But when he logged in to the game he found his his account had been stripped of all except the soulbound items and even his characters had been stripped of their armour which presumably had been sold too. To say he is gutted is an understatement :-(. I have read a few posts regarding this and some have mentioned a roll-back? Can this actually be done? He is submitting a ticket but is desperate to try and get his gear back as he was doing the wintersday events and had all his items taken, some of which cant be repeated and some other items as well. Also, what else can be done to prevent this happening again? He followed all the suggestions last time and they still did it again. Can anybody help us?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

I hope that you will be relieved when you read the Account Restoration FAQ. If your account qualifies for restoration, the team will help you with it. It will take a few days.

It seems obvious that your email was compromised; that’s how all the GW2 emails were deleted. It’s entirely possible that your computer system has a Trojan or keylogger on it, as seems likely since you changed critical information and yet still were breached. Because the hacker has access to your email, and from it acquired personal information about you, the process of restoring the account may take extra time. Please be patient, but know we’ll do the best we can to help you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

What is the ticket number?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

You gave a lot of solid information in your ticket, and I believe that the team will be able to help you with this. Hang in there and let them continue the investigation. I’m going to PM you with another suggestion. Can’t hurt; may help!