• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagLEGENDARY at the trading post [Merged]Source
Bradesco.9621
Target Source
#1 -

A-Net didn’t realize yet there is a LEGENDARY weapon being sold at trading post all the afternoon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Hey, guys,

You need to know: Legendaries are not soul-bound until equipped. So they can, legitimately, be sold on the TP. Once equipped, however, they become soul-bound.

I’m sorry that someone got an incorrect answer from Support about this issue. We have identified the ticket and we will begin the beati…. I mean “gently correct the agent who gave the misinformation.”

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#16 -

Gaile,

Unfortunately I’m not the user who filed the support ticket so I don’t have the incident number. Since it’s not from a red-header post like yours, it’s possible it’s completely fake!

Thank you for giving us an official answer. Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with your answer. I hope the designers will change their stance on this issue. I thought the appeal of legendaries the rigor of acquiring one through playing and mastering many different aspects of the game in addition to acquiring significant in-game wealth, but now they can be purchased merely through mindless farming for a long enough period of time. This is my personal opinion, but legendaries definitely carry less prestige/meaning if they can just be purchased. I am disappointed because I thought this was the designers’ opinion too.

I understand your position. Please do note that the achievement associated with Legendaries is tied to their equipping and not to their obtaining. I think that is rather significant (and a clever thing on the part of the team, in my opinion).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#26 -

As this issue has been clarified as not being a bug, this thread will be closed. If you would like to discuss this subject further, feel free to create a new thread in the GW2 General Discussion or Suggestions forum.

Thank you.