• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAccount ExpirationSource
hin.5734
Target Source
#1 -

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering because this happened to me in guild wars 1…

if you don’t play for a while say a a couple of months because of whatever reason.

does your gw2 account expire?

i remember they did it to me on guild wars 1 and tried to force me to buy a whole new copy of the game which i found a bit unfair.

can anyone clarify this for me please as i’m planning a holiday away from a few months and don’t want to return to find my gw2 account has expired

hope they have changed thier policy on this issue compared to guild wars 1.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering because this happened to me in guild wars 1…

if you don’t play for a while say a a couple of months because of whatever reason.

does your gw2 account expire?

i remember they did it to me on guild wars 1 and tried to force me to buy a whole new copy of the game which i found a bit unfair.

can anyone clarify this for me please as i’m planning a holiday away from a few months and don’t want to return to find my gw2 account has expired

hope they have changed thier policy on this issue compared to guild wars 1.

I honestly don’t know what happened to you in Guild Wars, but we never put accounts into an “expiration loop.” If you played Guild Wars, your account should remain accessible indefinitely. The only reasons that I can imagine that it might become unavailable are (1) if you sold, gave, or traded it away (which is a breach of the User Agreement), (2) if it was compromised by a hacker, or (3) if it was terminated for a breach of the User Agreement such as using an exploit, botting, etc.

Other than those three instances, the account should have been — should still be — available to you. If you want me to look into the older account, let me know. If you’re ok with the new account, that’s fine, too.

So the answer to the main question is this: As long as the account is in good standing it will remain available for the foreseeable future. In the case of Guild Wars, accounts are still being actively played that were created in 2004, during our beta events.