• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagSuspended account/no update(Past 3 days)Source
Rislyn.2065
Target Source
#1 -

To whom it may concern,

I would like to start off by saying that I am writing this on my friends account(Since they suspend forums too apparently). My real account display name is brobariann. The last time I logged out of my character was on January 16th at 1 AM. I found out my account was suspended around 10-11 PM on January 16th. I did not receive an e-mail for the reason so I submitted a ticket as soon as I found out about my suspension. The next day I receive an e-mail saying they escalated my ticket to payment but I still haven’t gotten a response yet.

A couple things, it is now 3 days later and I still do not have an updated response as to why I was suspended. Why am I being kept in the dark? I did some research and it said that players were being suspended for an offensive name and profanity. Well my display name, “Brobariann”, can hardly be thought of as offensive and I have only been able to play guild wars 2 for 2 days(maybe 8 hours) before I got suspended so I barely know how to use the message boards so I just don’t understand what happened. Anyways, I decided to try to stay calm and reminded myself that worst case scenario, I will at least be able to play my account after 3 days(72 hours). It has now been past the 72 hour suspension period and I still can’t log into my account and have not received any updated information on my ticket or account so I am starting to get extremely irritated. I then tried to post on the forum and ask for help but it turns out that I am suspended from the forums too!

So from my understanding, ArenaNet will suspend a player without telling them what they did wrong, suspend the account for an x amount of days without telling the player, not offer updates to what is happening AND suspend them from asking for help on the forums?? For a game that is so amazing why is customer service so terrible? I am not a fan of WOW, but at least they will offer help!

I am sorry if what I am saying is starting to sound angry but I am trying my best to stay as calm and understanding as possible. I have been a loyal guild wars member and fan for the last 10 years and have been waiting for this game since it was announced. I have spent hours convincing friends to play the game even without in-game rewards(4 before the incident) AND when I was suspended, I still convinced another friend to buy the game which makes it a total of 5 friends.

Can someone please look into my account or ticket and help. I feel so devastated right now. My ticket is 121217-000691 and the display name is brobariann. I feel like I have been wronged.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

First, with all due respect, this ticket is just two days old, not three. When it is three days old, you may post for your friend in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.

Secondly, the player is given a reason for the suspension, although at times that can be vague. A very common reason for a “suspension” is to lock down an account that we believe has been hacked, or is in jeopardy of being compromised. This is done to try to limit damage to an account, and those who ultimately realize the reason for the block are generally grateful for the pro-active block, as it can sometimes prevent the theft of valuable items and gold.

A second common reason for a suspension or a termination is payment fraud. This can be related to the credit card not passing fraud prevention measures. These issues can usually be sorted out by contacting the Support Team, so if this is what impacted your friend’s account, they will take care of him.

And please, if he has not been helped by tomorrow, and if you post in the thread (tomorrow or later), simply provide the number and an abbreviated request for assistance. A synopsis rather than a lengthy post allows us to help more players in a given period of time.

Thank you for understanding.