• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagUnable to purchase Upgraded DDSource
BrightHand.9468
Target Source
#1 -

I’m hoping to purchase GW2 for my husband for Christmas, and the sale currently going on that allows for a free upgrade seemed like the perfect opportunity. However, I’m unable to do so. My alternative is to head down to the store and purchase a physical copy… which is extremely irritating, when I ought to be able to make the purchase through your Shop page directly.

I’ve experienced 2 issues while attempting to make the purchase:

At first, I’d fill out all of the fields and the Continue Purchase button would light up. I’d click that button, and absolutely nothing would happen. I’d get no feedback from the page, the button would remain bright red and smile at me vacantly.

After reloading the page, I’m now getting told “There was an error with your request. Please check your information and try again.”

Is this because I purchased my own copy with my card before (I’m not sure whether I did, we have several cards)? Is this because my husband registered an account for the Free Trial last month, and his name is different from that on my CC? Is it because there’s already a game registered for our billing address? Is it a problem with the order page?

This sale is limited in duration, so I’d like to get this sorted out ASAP.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Update: Submitted a ticket Saturday night, received a reponse by Sunday morning. Long and short, my ticket was upgraded and sent to the next level of “support,” I was told to expect to hear from them.

Since my ticket’s been escalated, I haven’t heard a peep. It’s been 2 days, 3 if you include day 1, as well as today. Early support got back to me very quickly, escalated support not so much.

Is there any way to make sure my ticket didn’t get lost somewhere in the process? How long does it usually take an escalated ticket to start getting some action?

I’d like to look into that. I feel we should make it very seamless and painless for you to make a purchase. Could you please provide your 12-digit incident number?

But may I offer a suggestion that worked for another player, just in case it will also help you?

“What is happening is that the “next” button on the final screen does not get enabled after filling out their billing information. What seems to be happening is the form does not recognize that the customer has entered all the information into the form and in turn, they cannot complete their purchase. If the customer simply “tabs out” of that last field (for the card’s expiration date), they are able to click next and confirm the purchase on the following page.”

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Thank you for the information. I have passed this along to see if I can learn more. There is an email thread going through the studio that may be related to this, so having your ticket number is helpful. (I apologize for the issue, and hope we’ll have it sorted very soon.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

Turns out this was not related to any issues with purchases. A team member will be taking a look. If you still need help tomorrow, let me know, but I believe it will be answered today.