• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagQPs: A sustainable system?Source
tOss.9024
Target Source
#1 -

As the gap widens, I find myself questioning the QP system as a whole. Simply looking at the QP board is enough to discourage the most optimistic of players. I feel that qps are not currently a very effective ranking system. One of the biggest issues to me, is that you are are always climbing, and never falling. This results in players accumulating to many points. A ranking system shouldn’t be a one way climb.

I suggest deducting QPs equal to what would have been gained on a lose. Also, further elaborating on what they will be used for in the future. This will, at least, give players something to work towards besides the QP treadmill nightmare that is visible on the rank sites.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

We’ll be doing RANKING ladders in the future. The QP system is used for tournament entry. I’ll talk more about how these systems work together when the new system is ready to be brought on line!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#14 -

We’ll be doing RANKING ladders in the future. The QP system is used for tournament entry. I’ll talk more about how these systems work together when the new system is ready to be brought on line!

I’m glad to get a response. Perhaps I overlooked these details somewhere. Looking forward to the ranked matches though.

No prob. The new system will use rating/matchmaking. The Qualifying Points will still exist, but they’re different systems for different needs. QP shows some skill (it’s not easy to win a paid tourney if there are other good teams), but at the same time, it’s not a true rating/ranking system (as many of you on the forums have stated).

We know this. It’s not intended to replace a rating system. Both can exist in the same world.