• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRidiculous enemy respawn rateSource
FLFW.3105
Target Source
#1 -

So this is bothering me for quite some time. As a person who basically works for himself i often have free time in mornings whichi spend playing guild wars 2. Thou most of events or even ‘hearts’ otherwise doable becomes either impossible to do or ridiculous in nature because of the rate enemy spawns and u wont find many players to team up with in morning.

Just today i was killing skritts AND i didint even need to enter their cave , i just stood by entrance and killed one same skritt over again because 2 seconds after he dies he is there again. This may sound as fun or easy until you actually need something in cave which becomes pretty impossible to reach if u are alone.

Attacking group of 3 or 4 enemies could be useless because by the time u have killed the last one first 3 appears again and u are stuck in same place without a chance to proceed futher to your destination.

It may be fun or ‘working’ then you have party or someone to help you out , thou this is real pain in kitten then you are alone. Concept of ’ noone will need to wait for mob respawn ’ is cool and i like it but this is taken too far in my opinion.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

The default respawn rate is 95-120 seconds, so if you’re seeing locations where they respawn much faster, please report it with specific info! Event creatures will often appear more quickly (so the event doesn’t look dead if players kill them immediately) and if players were killing things in the same area, they might respawn near you. (i.e. if a group ran through and cleared an area a minute ago, a lone player might be in the area when their respawn timer comes up.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#27 -

Just checked, the Inquest in that area are on a shorter respawn timer (30-60s) but there’s nothing that respawns in 10s. I checked all of the troll spawns in Hezran Outcrops, and they’re using the 95-120s respawn timer, so my above comment applies. (Could another player have run through and killed them before you got there, so they respawned after you go there? Could trolls in a different area have been killed, so when they respawned and randomly picked a new position, they ended up appearing near you?) I couldn’t find anything that respawns in 10-30s, and nothing forces them to respawn.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#30 -

Again, I really need specifics. I’ve never into this issue on the live server, or while testing, so I’d need to look at the exact spawn to see if anything odd is going on.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#35 -

Specific note on Orr: we do have some folks looking at those maps in particular, so I expect that a future update will contain some adjustments to the spawn density. Taking a quick look, right now it’s using the 95-120 timer, but I did notice that there are more creatures spawning than there are seperate spawn points, which can cause them to spawn multiple creatures on the same spot.