• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagChange in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]Source
Vlad Morbius.1759
Target Source
#1 -

I am very concerned about the change in loot parameters since the event patch. It seems to me and I’m not the only one that the quality and frequency of loot in open world events has been turned down substantially.
As an example, I did several champions and a dozen events over a 3 hour period and the best piece of loot I received was a green torch with the vast majority being white junk items and a couple blues. Two of the champions failed to drop any loot at all which is completely opposite of the patch notes;
“The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

Perhaps it was an unintentional side effect to the adjustments made regardless this is my main concern;

One of the main reasons for my wife and I gleefully jumped into GW2 was because of the freedom which allowed us to play together and tackle a vast majority of content as a duo. The game offered this on virtually all fronts, from making money, crafting and gearing our characters to leveling together all the while remaining competitive.
The current change in loot distribution either purposely or accidentally seems to force us into having to group to do dungeons in order to accomplish these various goals and goes against the very principle of the game’s design and our play style. If we wanted to be pigeon holed into having to run dungeons to be successful we would have stayed with WoW, Rift or every other MMO out there because that is their core design.

This for the most part even goes directly against the comments made by Chris Whiteside’s latest response to the addition of ascended gear as quoted below;

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."
Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director”

In the end I guess my question really boils down to this;
Is the downgrading in open world loot whether intended or accidental going to be re-adjusted so those of us who prefer open world content either solo duo or in whatever fashion can continue to remain competitive?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1212 -

We’ve seen reports from players questioning the randomness of the drop mechanisms in GW2 and in particular asking if it’s been changed recently. This is not the case and we don’t think that the randomness mechanism is misbehaving, but we’re running some data to be sure there isn’t anything unexpected going on. So far nothing shows anything suspicious but we’ll keep gathering data and analyzing it. We’ve also created a thread where players can share with us their concrete data about any perceived strange drop behavior they encounter:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/first

Thanks for your understanding and help!