• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagPermanent Ban. Why?Source
Lightnlng.8416
Target Source
#1 -

Hi,

My girlfriend account had been banned for 4-5 days for suspect of selling/buying gold.

I’ll like to clarify that this is not e case. She merely sent me her gold to me to help her with transaction of items in the TP as she’s not familiar with the game. We earned our every single cent through hardwork and dedication. She had never send anyone gold beside my account.

I understand that a lot of ppl are facing e same issue as me and im sure neither any one of us would repeat the same mistake if we were to be given a second chance.
Any way, in the first place, who would have thought it was illegal to send XX amount of gold when the mail feature does not forbid us?

My gf and I have invested over few hundred of hours and 100 over dollars in this game. I urged you to check through her account again I’m 100% sure that we did not sell or buy any gold.

We sent multiple tickets and even posted in the 3days thread however no reply was given. Its really making us desperate so Ive no choice but to write here. Hope you guys can look into the matter and gives us a reply soon.

Ref: 121220-000489

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Anet bans people for mailing gold to players. Why? Because gold sellers do that too. Just don’t do it.

This is not true. Players mail gold to other players all the time without negative consequence.

The details in this case must have been extraordinary, and the team will look into the matter and resolve it in the best way possible,

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

can u please go to my thread and my ticket too please? 121221-003023

This is two days old. Please post in the Tickets for Review thread if you do not have an answer by closed of business tomorrow. Thank you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#32 -

If you continue on bad perceptions, it will not help anybody. Sending money alone is no reason for a ban. It was stated here by an official. Stating it differently by players because of msconceptions doesn’t make it true. Even if you continue saying so.

As was said before, here are Goldsellers posting too. Nobody knows for sure (except Anet employees) who is phony and who is real. I don’t believe about a dozen postings and I don’t perceive them as a “majority” of players. It is always that the suffering people are more outspoken than the normal people on forums. I don’t have numbers.

False positives are a result of a fight against the bad guys. This is said. But I do believe, that Anet tries to avoid false positives and that they try to correct them as fast as possible.

Anything else is gossip. Unfruitful gossip.

Thank you, sincerely, for understanding! Every day I see pious, plaintive cries of “I didn’t do it” and I look up the account to see “Oh, yes, buddy, you sure as heck did!” I’m talking gold deliveries to a dozen people. Running a bot 24/7. Scamming, cheating, exploiting.

Many people who submit tickets or post to ask for help truly need help. But a significant number are cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and RMT workers who are trying whatever means they can to get back onto their accounts or even lie and try to steal new accounts by claiming them through a support ticket. They do this so they can continue to cheat, exploit, bot, or do damage to the economy with disallowed gold sales.

If someone was blocked as RMT and is truly innocent, I believe that the team will find that out and will reinstate that account very quickly. But if you’re concerned about why it takes longer than it should, be aware that many cheaters and RMT workers are filing bogus appeals that, sadly, need to be weeded through and responded to before the agents can get to your legitimate request for help. There’s no magic way to see “This can be ignored.” Everyone gets a review; everyone gets an answer.

If you’re going to get upset, get upset at the Gold Sellers, cheaters, and exploiters. Report exploits to [email protected] Report cheaters to support.guildwars2.com. And never, ever, EVER buy gold from those #(#%#@($ gold sellers. We have the power to put them out of business and drive them out of the game if people will simply make it not worth their while to sell gold and, even worse, to steal accounts to gather gold to sell to players.

/rant

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#34 -

Yeah, my gf did got her account back finally.

I’m really glad that sorted out ok for you, and sorry for the time out of the game. We are making a concerted effort to refine every system we have — it’s an ongoing process — so that we can get as close to zero false-positives as possible. We truly understand how aggravating that is, and are deeply sorry when such a situation arises!

Thankfully, Wintersday runs for many more days, so get out there and enjoy!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#36 -

Bob — we’ll review those situations. I think there’s something that just doesn’t look right, but upon further review turns out to be acceptable. But in the meantime, you’re unable to play, and I sympathize with that!

I have your info, I feel, but I’ll PM you if I need any more information, ok?