The game was working fine yesterday I could travel to and from lions arch as I pleased, but now whenever I try to send one of my characters (Huntsmaster Roshi) there it crashes and sticks on the loading screen. I can hear the music and the sounds, but the screen doesn’t change. For my other characters it seems there is no problem. It’s very strange.
Hi Roshi – I would recommend navigating to Documents\Guild Wars 2 and deleting the local.dat file. Once you’ve done this, please try running a repair on the client. I’ve provided the steps below for you:
1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”
4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
5. Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end.
Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes
Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”
6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.
7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” to start the repair process.
Once completed, please try starting Guild Wars 2 again.