Well the game has always worked fine for me before today but today when I try to log in I get the error code stated in the topic title and the text “The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network.” Well there have been no changes at all to my hardware, or software, since yesterday when I last played. What I want to know, is this happening to anybody else?
Hi Xandark – I would like you to try a new command we just introduced to assist players with these types of issues. To do this:
1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”
4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.
Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes
Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”
6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.
7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.