i just tried to install GW2 on my laptop (which is running windows vista, 64 bit) but for some reason i can’t start the setup:
I downloaded the GW2setup.exe via download client in “my account”. I ran the file several times now (as administrator) and disabled firewalls to make sure that those don’t make any troubles.
What happens is: the launcher starts up and downloads ~30 MB (thats the launcher update i guess). I can’t interact with it in this time. After that it closes and restarts, but it doesn’t start downloading again. Instead it just shuts down after a few seconds and does not continue.
Do you have any ideas what the problem is here?
Thanks for helping!
list of things that i tried by now to solve this:
- ran gw2.exe as admin
- deleted local.dat to refresh it
- redownloaded the gw2setup.exe
- disabled all firewalls/anti virus programs
- removed all write protections and granted full access to the needed folders to all usergroups
- updated video card drivers (which caused a small change in the bug – see below)
- disabled UAC
- ran gw2.exe with additions “-repair” and “-oldlauncher”
- cleared “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp”
- ran windows updates
- updated Direct X