• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagUnfair suspensionSource
Synforce.7351
Target Source
#1 -

After being put in lion arch’s overflow channel, people were having discussions about some countries and who has what better than the other, eventually I mixed in with Belgian having good things except other people that come here get alot of benefits compared to natives. It’s not being racist, it’s stating a fact. After being called a ret*rd and other several things the same person who called me that reported me for being a racist. Now I got a 70 hour ban while he was the one calling names. Too bad I can’t recall his name.

That aside, maybe Anet should look more into the reports, reread the entire chat log before making such decisions based on clearly nothing. If I wanted bad customer support and random flaming I would’ve sticked to WoW.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

I just got banned today for saying that hating Germans would be nationalism and not racism. I wasn’t the one who said he hated Germans (I am German in fact), nor did I insult anyone else. Somebody, appearantly took my statement the wrong way, or I don’t know what and I got banned for racism (almost ironically)
It really seems to me like noone looks into these reports.

If you’re concerned about this — and I understand your point about the confusion — please submit a ticket and explain. The agent can check chat records to see what was said, and by whom.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

Heh. I got banned too, and I’ve never once had a disagreement with anyone. Pretty sure I got banned for saying EDIT TO REMOVE OFFENSIVE COMMENT

I guess someone was offended by it, or more likely, someone was having a bad day and just wanted to report people for whatever.

Sucks to be banned for Christmas Eve + Christmas + Day after christmas. Kinda wish I didn’t buy $20 in gems just the other day.

Edit: Not to mention that this would be my first and only ban in the past 12 years of playing MMOs. (Including; Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, AION, Luna Online, TERA Online, League of Legends… and quite a few I can’t remember…)

Oh well.. Merry Christmas, we’re banned… -_-;

Yes, that is offensive. I don’t know too many games that wouldn’t object to the comment. Sorry if you feel differently, but please use better judgment in the future.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

I was banned today as well for saying EDIT TO REMOVE OFFENSIVE COMMENT

Yead, did you really think it was ok to say what you said? Please don’t post it again.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Folks — let’s not use this or any other thread to post “I said [this thing] and was suspended for offensive language.” The chances are, if you were suspended, then what you said was offensive. In which case, we don’t want it posted here, right?

If you have legitimate concerns — I mean truly don’t understand why you were suspended — then by all means submit a ticket and discuss with the Support Team. But we’re not going to use the forums as a “Was this really across the line” review point, because most of the time — as in the examples in this thread — there really isn’t a question about the offensive, the comments are merely intended to complaint about standards being upheld.