• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBanned for Inappropriate Language?Source
Viginiskaone.5304
Target Source
#1 -

I was banned 2 days ago for “Inappropriate language”
The ban was for 72 hours.
Question 1: IF there is a profanity filter, what could I have possibly said that promoted a ban.
Question 2: If I did in fact say something, why did I not get some kind of warning, or any notification, besides a THREE day ban.
Question 3: Why was no detailed proof/extra info on my offense given? To this day i still do not know what I did wrong.

I have posted in the support forum page, with no response after 3 days, so I came here.
The ban has 8 hours left.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#27 -

I was banned 2 days ago for “Inappropriate language”
The ban was for 72 hours.
Question 1: IF there is a profanity filter, what could I have possibly said that promoted a ban.
Question 2: If I did in fact say something, why did I not get some kind of warning, or any notification, besides a THREE day ban.
Question 3: Why was no detailed proof/extra info on my offense given? To this day i still do not know what I did wrong.

I have posted in the support forum page, with no response after 3 days, so I came here.
The ban has 8 hours left.

1. Profanity filter does not give you a license to use any language you want.
2. Your warning was the accaptable use policy you should have read before making your account. No other warnings are given for any offense.
3. “proof” is useally never given.

FYI, there are some posters here in the forums who have an axe to grind with support. Take what any poster execpt the official anet reps say with a grain of salt.

Quoted because this sums it up nicely. If you want to see it in official parlance, click my name and search for the many other posts I have made explaining that the fact the game has a filter doesn’t mean that you can swear or use offensive names. I just posted about this five minutes ago, and have posted about this virtually every day since beta.