• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagFriend got banned and cant even post hereSource
JyMissy.4351
Target Source
#1 -

We have a friend.. that just got his legendary after receiving help from fellow guild mates. Sadly, he never got to show it off much, since he got banned for RMT soon after..

If you do a proper check on all the people who sent him stuffs, they’ve ran loads of dungeons and wvw together since long before.

On top of that, there is no reply from support, and there’s no way for him to post on the forums since even his account access to forum was locked.

Well done Arena net.. well done.

When are you going to address the issue? Please understand that these actions did not only upset the person who was banned, but resulted in distress to those around him as well.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

A LOT of people have the same problem as you right now, including me (my gf to be exact). The only problem is that this also includes actual gold buyers and gold sellers. And of-course those gold buyers and gold sellers will plead nonstop claiming that they haven’t done any gold buying/selling. The only way for Arena Net to distinguish the liars from the bunch is by checking each claim one at a time. It’s those kittening gold buyers/sellers that are causing all this problem. I am also incredibly irritated at this since it’s such a huge inconvenience for something that wasn’t even our fault, but no amount of QQing in the forums will help (sadly). The best thing to do right now is to get your friend to send a ticket and hope he gets his account back.

We are all truly sympathetic about any undeserved suspension that happens. But you’ve summed it up very accurately, Oreoginal. The system gets bogged down in appeals from cheaters, and there is no way to know who’s legit and who’s a cheater (RMTer, botters, exploiter) until the account is carefully reviewed, and that takes time.

I just thought of an idea that might help us “sort” appeals. Not sure if it’s feasible but I’ll share that with the team when we’re all back together after New Year’s and we’ll assess if we can, perhaps, expedite certain appeals. In addition, we will see if the Security Team has any tweaks they can make to reduce false positives, as well.

In the meantime, we have a team working 24/7 and we’ll do our best to get folks back into the game as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding and explaining the situation so well.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#30 -

I’m glad this was sorted out.