• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagClaw of Jormag Corrupted Ice Shield bug [merged threads]Source
kerona.3465
Target Source
#1 -

Recently, on Maguuma server at least, Claw has been spawning untargetable Corrupted Ice Shields. The wall will break for the first time, then never respawn graphically and be unselectable by normal methods. Apparently if you turn on auto targetting and attack, you will get the target, but otherwise you must AoE it instead to hit it. If you AoE it, it does take damage, but for me (Necromancer, staff) at least it would not take damage with normal attack. This glitch was experienced by everyone at the event, and we submitted bug reports for it as well.

The quest seems to function normally, but the wall itself is glitched.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#30 -

We’re tracking this issue and working towards a fix. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#36 -

Can I get a screenshot of the shield in its broken state? I suspect that the issue is that it’s not entering the “repaired” animation state correctly, but it’s nigh-impossible for me to recreate the bug locally.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#46 -

We’ve had an extremely difficult time trying to reproduce this locally, but I added some safety measures to the ice shield to make sure it goes into its visible/attackable state if it’s alive. It’ll be in the end-of-month content update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#48 -

To hear you say you cant replicate it means that what you are doing has no relation to what the players at large are doing.

Exactly my point. It’s not showing up on any of our test servers, it’s only showing up on a Live server, with varying populations/unpredictable players, et al. So we haven’t been able to determine what’s causing the bug. Like I said, I added some failsafe measures so it will fix itself if it ends up in a bad state, but I’m not sure WHY it’s ending up in a bad state.