• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagI would like to change my Display NameSource
Word Eater.6541
Target Source
#1 -

I pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 and played in the early access Beta. I created my account before I knew that my Display Name would be visible everywhere by everyone at any time.
My Display Name is my email address which makes it super easy for someone to narrow down on how to hack my account.
Hi, account crackers reading the very message and making a note of my email address and deciding which domains to try it on. Is it Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo? Maybe a corporate account or some 3rd rate ISP?
I went through support a few weeks ago and was told that there isn’t way for me to change it on my own and that they may or may not add a feature for that in the future.
Yes, I am using the account guard features with the email to authenticate (hey, they have my email address) and the Google Authenticator.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

One of our super stealthy agents found this post and changed it a few minutes ago. Glad you’re happy, and we all apologize for the delay!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

First, you don’t PM me to get help. It’s that simple. I answer in the forums, and the agents answer in tickets, but adding to the 458 PMs I’ve been sent is neither effective nor appropriate.

Secondly, I suggest that you read the response that you received. I don’t know for certain what you were told, but I believe you were told that we don’t change names upon request. And that is true. We’d rather have our agents focus on helping players with actual account issues than deal with secondary situations.

I don’t see your name as being potentially offensive. Nor did the team, when it was discussed. I understand you want a change, but I don’t think you need a change, and we really truly want the agents to deal with issues rather than requests. I don’t intend to sound harsh or dismissive. We may offer the opportunity for players to rename in the future. I’ll ask the team about this tomorrow, but I think this display name is going to stand, out of fairness to other renamed players.