• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagKeybinding to mouse?Source
Vail.1065
Target Source
#1 -

Hello, I just purchased this game and right now I am trying to figure out how to keybind my spells to the buttons on my mouse. I’ve got the WoW Cataclysm Gaming mouse and I was told it should be able to work in Gw2
I know how to get into the keybinding but when I try to keybind to a button on the mouse nothing happens. Oddly enough two of the buttons on the mouse do work. All I have to do is click them into the box and it comes up as ‘Mouse 4’ or ‘Mouse 5’

If anyone has any suggestions I’d really appreciate it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Hi Vail

Currently, Guild Wars 2 should detect the mouse buttons as actual mouse buttons (mouse3, mouse4 etc etc). However, if it doesn’t there is a trick to bypass this and just use generic settings. To do this, you need to access the mouse’s key binding application and bind the keys you want to use to keyboard keys.

For example:

I use a Logitech MX1000. It has 3 side buttons which many games do not recognize as mouse keys. Instead of trying to configure each game to remember the key binds I simply told the mouse software that those buttons are bound to “Page up,” “Page Down” and “Insert.” Then, I start the game of my choice, (Guild Wars 2 in this case) and bind the something like “map” to “Page up” in the keyboard section (not mouse). This way, when I hit the mouse button, the game thinks I am pressing “Page up” so it opens the map.

Beyond this, you will have to wait for your application software to be updated so it works with Guild Wars 2.