• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCan't login to newly registered accountSource
Eparchos.2489
Target Source
#1 -

My friend just bought and registered his gw2 account, but unfortunately when he tries to log in it says incorrect username/password. He’s tried many times, but somehow it simply doesn’t work. In the “I forgot my password” section, he can’t reset the password because he needs a character name, which he doesn’t have because he doesn’t have a character yet. Anyone have any ideas what to do? He emailed support already, but he was very excited to play tonight so any help is appreciated.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

You do not need a Gamespy account.

Can you please submit a ticket right away? That’s a bizarre message and I’d like the team to see it. Please submit a screenshot of your error code—that would really help!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

My friend just bought and registered his gw2 account, but unfortunately when he tries to log in it says incorrect username/password. He’s tried many times, but somehow it simply doesn’t work. In the “I forgot my password” section, he can’t reset the password because he needs a character name, which he doesn’t have because he doesn’t have a character yet. Anyone have any ideas what to do? He emailed support already, but he was very excited to play tonight so any help is appreciated.

What is the 12-digit ticket number for your friend’s ticket?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

The most common reason that new account holders cannot log into their account is the fact that they are using the wrong credentials. Either the username is wrong, or the password is wrong, perhaps something as simple as a capital instead of a lower-case letter.

Sam — we do not require a character name to log into Guild Wars 2.

Support will help if you need it.