- 2013/01/03 03:52:59 PM
Hi Azureal -
I’m curious about your system’s network configuration and I think this may be either the issue if not contributing to the issue that you’re experiencing. I think the best approach here would be for you to create a support ticket for us to better assist you, although I would like for you to try a command to see if this makes a difference for you at all.
To do this:
1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”
4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.
Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes
Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”
6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.
7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.