• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagReporting BottingSource
Nate.8379
Target Source
#1 -

So I come across a group of players (4-5) and all they’re doing is bursting down a large amount of monsters in one spot/area. They appear to be running back and forth in an exact path to and from the monsters everytime, almost as if their walking was a set path. They’ve been here for a good hour, but why? They’ve likely already completed the “Heart” goal.

And the Report feature for botting was vague, unsubstantiated reports may get me banned so does that mean they have to actually speak in chat? But how will I get the bot to speak in chat if the player is not at the computer? If I do report them without chat logs of them speaking I may get banned so how do I go about getting these guys investigated for botting?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

We do want to hear from you. The chance of someone getting dinged for invalid reports is very slim. I mean very slim. Quite frankly, the reason that the mild warning is included in the notes is simply to let people know “Don’t try to grief other players with fake reports. We’ll notice that and smite you!”

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

I don’t know how the team would like my “smite” comment, but I’ll pass along your approval.