• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagPartial RefundSource
enph.8465
Target Source
#1 -

Hi there,

I hope someone here could address my concern. I was temporarily suspended last week because Anet suspects that I was doing an unauthorised payment to buy GW2 using my own credit card. After 4 days of putting up my ticket, a manager had helped me in releasing my account but at the same time voided my 1st payment and disabled my 1st serial code.

While I am glad someone has unblock my account but now, I had to pay a higher price of $59.99 to repurchase a new serial code because I bought this game during the Christmas special offer at $44.95. I did ask if they could allow me to repurchase the game at the same price that I initially bought but they apologised and said that since the promotion period is over, I will have to buy the game at the current price.

I do feel slightly upset at this because I didn’t do anything wrong in the 1st place and bought the game at a promotion price but I ended up having to pay a higher price for something that I wasn’t at fault to begin with.

Hence I would like to put up an appeal here to see if the mods here could help understand my point of view and return me back my $15. Thank you.

Ticket no: 121226-001843

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

I am sorry, but we are not able to give you a partial refund or extend the promotional price. You can certainly discuss this with an agent, but that is the policy.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

I understand your opinions. I am simply stating that we do not have the means to offer “partial refunds.” And that is not exclusively our issue, but is common with many on-line retailers, as well. This isn’t a “tell ArenaNet what to do” thread. I am fully sympathetic with this situation, but do be aware that there may be more to the issue than is readily apparent and it’s not appropriate to judge the situation from an outsider’s viewpoint, since you don’t have all the details.

To put it more clearly, there are credit cards that are flagged as “possibly fraudulent” that we, upon review, decide to take a chance and accept. And yes, we are taking the risk that the CC will be rejected and we’ll incur the additional costs of handling that issue. (Costs which, I imagine, exceed any profit made through a normal sale.) Now, I am decidedly not saying that this would be the case here, so I’m not pointing at this case, but telling you a general point of business. For it’s only fair to make those of you with such strong viewpoints aware that credit card and fraud issues are seldom black-and-white, and most don’t have easy-peasy solutions.