• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCannot Dye Transmuted Armor [Merged]Source
Corax.7381
Target Source
#1 -

I’ve crashed several times when I removed the dye from pieces of my armor. Doesn’t seem to be affected by armor type, and it’s not a 100% occurrence. Sent a crash report each time, so hopefully A-Net can track down the problem, but just a word of warning to the rest of you. Especially when you’ve been queued for WvW for a while, and you know it’s probably about to pop… then you crash… :P.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Does this happen when you remove a specific dye, remove all dyes, or remove dye from a specific armor piece? If you can provide more details or specific steps to reproduce the issue, it would be helpful. Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#33 -

We believe we’ve identified the issue causing this and will be testing the fix for this over the next week to make sure it’s stable. Thanks for the help, everyone!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#108 -

TLDR: This has been a bug since beta. This bug only affects transmuted armor. You cannot use the default colors of the visible armor set (remove dye) or it reverts to the default colors (remove dye of that item) of the armor that was transmuted (stats) into your visible armor. If you unequip the item while the reverted colors are showing, your game will crash.

This pretty much sums up what’s going on. We’re aware of and tracking both of these issues, but unfortunately, I don’t have an estimate on when they will be fixed yet. Thank you for your patience, everyone!