• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAccount purchase restriction. 24 hour limit?Source
Victuswolf.5286
Target Source
#1 -

When i first tried to buy Guild Wars 2 it would pop up with a error saying to contact support. After contacting support they emailed me this back.

In reviewing your account, I can see that I am able to override your purchase restriction for 24 hours. Please make your purchase within this time frame. If you are unable to make the purchase within that time, you may need to contact us again.

I managed to buy GW2 while it was lifted. 2 days later i tried buying Gems using my paypal and i got another error saying to contact support.

In reviewing your account, I can see that I am able to override your purchase restriction for 24 hours. Please make your purchase within this time frame. If you are unable to make the purchase within that time, you may need to contact us again.

I bought the Gems in that time frame but i don’t want to have to email support every single time i want to buy gems or expansions. Can these restrictions be removed completely and not just for a 24 hour period?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

I think each player needs to discuss their individual situation with the Support Team. Most of these restrictions are measures to prevent fraud. That’s not to say YOU are trying to act in a fraudulent manner, but something — perhaps the details on your credit card — is flagging the card and therefore requiring the involvement of the team to help process the purchase(s). They’ll be happy to discuss this with you via a ticket, since each case can have different details.