• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagTransmuting Legendary = Exotic [Merged]Source
Boyce.3607
Target Source
#1 -

Dear Sir/Mdm,

With regards to legendary weapons transmuting, did Anet actually purposely program transmuting legendary weapons with exotic weapon stats to become exotic type weapons? Or is it in fact a bug?

Because I’m sure Anet would understand that players would want to transmute their legendary weapon to certain stats but the players would also want to keep the legendary status of the weapons.

1. May I know if the team is working on a fix, or is it just the way the teams wants transmuting on legendary weapons to be.

2. And if it’s actually a bug, suppose if I wanted to transmute the stats now, would Anet be able to fix the legendary status of the weapon on a later patch? Or should I wait till a patch is up before I actually try to transmute the weapon.

Thank you for your time and your hard work.

Sincerely,
Boyce

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

This is a bug, and one that we’ll be working to fix in the future. Thank you for the reports!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#46 -

The posters are correct, the rarity color is based on the stats of the item, not the skin.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#49 -

I honestly don’t know if it’s a bug or not, or where you heard that info, I’m just confirming what I just tested using some transmutation stones.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#72 -

As an update on this issue, we currently have a programmer looking at this issue. I don’t have any further details on this right now, but I can tell you that we’re making progress. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#111 -

We’re looking into the issues now, thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#116 -

You’re right! This is a bug- we are tracking it. A fix should be coming down the line in the future

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#122 -

Hey all, we’ve got a bug open on this issue, it should be getting some TLC soon

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#157 -

There have been a number of issues with transmuted legendaries, so in the interest of making sure everyone is on the same page, here are the recent and current issues I’m aware of:

• —Fixed— The color of a transmuted legendary appears as exotic when linked in chat.
  • —Fixed— Transmuted legendaries display their sigil suffix in chat.
  • —Active— Legendary weapon precursors cannot be used to create their legendary weapon if they’ve been transmuted
  • —Active— Transmuting a legendary prior to equipping it will not award the legendary achievement

The last two items are issues that we’re working on, but I don’t have an ETA on when we’ll have a fix. If there are other issues with transmuted legendaries that I missed, please update this thread.

Thank you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#175 -

I’ve updated this list:

There have been a number of issues with legendaries, so in the interest of making sure everyone is on the same page, here are the recent and current issues I’m aware of:

• —FIXED— Transmuting a legendary prior to equipping it will not award the legendary achievement
  • —Active— Legendary weapon precursors cannot be used to create their legendary weapon if they’ve been transmuted
  • —Active— Precursors Twilight and Sunrise do not provide the Legendary Treasures account medal.

We are continuing to work on these. Thank you for your patience!