• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagExploits and GlitchingSource
Creepies.1562
Target Source
#1 -

I seem to be coming across more and more groups that like to use exploits to make bosses in dungeons easier. If I chose not to exploit, I die or could possibly get removed. If I complain about exploits, it starts an argument and could possibly lead to a kick. Dungeons are slowly becomming a place where you have to exploit or glitch parts of them in order to complete them. Not because the dungeon is impossible, but because 4 out of 5 people want to exploit. If you chose to not exploit with them, your gaming experience becomes about laying on the ground dead, being kicked from groups, or constant arguing. The problems don’t end there either, exploiting can cause you to be banned from the game. So it comes down to hopping on the exploiting bandwagon to experience pve (dungeons), or avoiding them altogether. I am not complaining or whining about exploits, but venting about my worry of being hit with a banhammer. Anyone else have this issue?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

As a general rule, if you see an exploit, please email our special exploit inbox so we can be made aware of it if we aren’t already. Just use [email protected] to report issues. Give a quick description and include a screenshot, and we will try to do something about it ASAP.

It is frustrating, but you can help ease that by reporting.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#64 -

Just for the record, standing in a place where you can hurt the boss but the boss can’t hurt you back / can’t fight back is considered an exploit, and we are working on a solution for that problem. As is exploiting terrain like teleporting through walls/closed doors, and getting under/above the map to skip content and get to a place where you can take advantage of bugs or events not requiring previous completion in the order of events (skipping directly to Giganticus lupicus from the start of the arah explore chain for instance).

These are things we patch and fix as we discover them and figure out solutions for. As I have said before, if you see something say something by emailing this alias: [email protected]