• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagChange Home serverSource
Everdeaf.7039
Target Source
#1 -

Sorry, I have a question.
I create first and solo pg at one server, if I want change server, can I delete this pg, change home server and ricreate a pg?

Thanks
Ever

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

From the character select screen, you can change your home server. It affects all characters on the account—no need to delete any characters. To keep people from abusing it in WvW, it’s limited to once every 7 days.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

If you wish to change servers without a cost, you can delete every character and then change worlds. Remember there is a once-per-7-days restriction on world changes — whether free or for a cost in gems — but yes, it can be done.

The transfer fee is for characters, not the account as a whole.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Why must I pay to change server? now I can not play with my friends who are on another server. I have characters in Lv 80 and I really do not want to delete them just so I can play with my friends. And even so I can’t play with my friends because I have deleted all my characters so I must start on new. why have you done this? And I know I have characters in lv 80, but it will take me ages to get so much gems.

Transfer fees were present in our beta tests, and were clearly stated as a provision of the game long before release. The team gave a long window of free transfers, but it was always intended that there be a transfer fee for characters to change worlds.

Some time ago I researched what other games were doing. Many of them did not offer server changes for any reason. I believe all of them had restrictions on transfers and several games had a charge in cash for a transfer. In a couple of cases, the transfer fee was $50 and players had to pony up cash because there was absolutely no means to earn the transfer fee within the game.

In the case of Guild Wars 2, you can earn gems in the game or you can purchase gems — the choice is yours. Also, you may elect to move to a world with a lower population, in which case the transfer has a very low gem cost.